Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, November 22, 2010

Nov 16, 2010


Helllooooo family(and hopefully friends!!!)!

Well, it's been another busy week here at the MTC! Last tuesday we had a fireside where we were able to hear an Apostle of the Lord speak! David A. Bednar!! Such a good talk! He talked for like 45 minutes at least! hahaha. Anyways, things have been good. I've been studying a lot, eating a lot( I weigh 246 lbs now.....JK!!! lol), exercising everyday, and trying to do my best to serve the Lord! Spanish is not as difficult anymore, but it's still a bit tough. On Saturday, we went to the Teaching Resource Center(TRC), were my companion and I were able to practice contacting a random stranger, in Spanish, and then we were able to teach the first discussion in English. It was fun, but tough. This Saturday we get to do the same thing, but it's going to be todo en espaƱol. We also had a devotional the other night, and it was a good talk by some guy who works in the Missionary Dept. for the church. Then I was able to watch the Testaments! It's kind of a cheesy church movie, but it's still good. Not as good as the Joseph Smith movie, though. Also, I received a Travel Itinerary for next week! So, if my visa comes in, I will be leaving the US on next Wednesday for Peru. That's if my visa comes in. And there's a more than good chance that I'll be here in the MTC until the beginning of next year, since they are having problems with visas going to Peru for missionaries going to countries other than Peru.

On a lighter note, I'm a part of the MTC choir! It's a lot of fun, and I'm learning how to sing parts! It's a good destresser for me. lol.

Alyssa-thank you for your letter!!!!!! I loved it! It's great to hear you're doing well, and I can't wait to read the letter that you sent to Bolivia! :)

Tia Jen & Tio Paul- Thank you for your letters and I hope Sophie is doing well, I'll pray for her!

Abuelita- Gracias para sus letras! Yo estoy bien y estoy aprendieno mucho!

Emi- I'm sorry leaving was so tough, but it's awesome what a positive outlook you have for your future in Utah! Keep it up and don't ever back down! There's a scripture in D&C that talks to Oliver Cowdery that says that our afflictions are but for a small moment, and that they are for our own good. Don't ever feel alone. I'm always here for you, and the Lord is as well!

Dad- Congrats on getting your commercial license!!!!! I'm so stoked for you!!!!!!  That is so awesome!!!!!!!!! I hope to hear from you soon. I would like to know how you are.

Mom- Thank you for all of your letters! I feel your love just flowing through them! I hope the transition to life in Utah goes smoothly!

I hope everyone feels the Lord's love for you this week!!!!!!!!!! I love you all!!!!!!!

Christian

P.S. If I do go the the Lima MTC, I can't receive packages, so send them soon! *hint hint* :)

P.S.S. Emi, I did see Xavier Blackhurst. He's like six and a half feet tall, and left for Canada last week!

P.S.S. Mom and Dad, Matthew Moa says "What's up?" (Literally) to his Auntie and Uncle. He left for Mexico today.

No comments:

Post a Comment