Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 2 in Bolivia


Hello beloved family and friends!!!!!!!

Wow, another week has just flown by! I can`t believe it.

So, this week.....we were busy busy busy, which is good. We taught around 35 lessons this week, and I`m praying that these numbers stay consistent. But, I know that they always won`t be this good, but it`s nice to have these nuimbers anyways.

So, no baptisms this week, but we have two for sures this Saturday!!!
I`m super excited for them! It`s a mom and her daughter that have been taking the lessons for about a month and a half, and they are becoming super strong members of the Church! It´s been so awesome from what little time I`ve had with them to see them change even more! And now, we`ve just started teaching this hermana`s youngest son, who wants to find out for himself whether this message is true or not.

Another new investigator that we have is super awesome as well.  His parents are members, and he`s been going to church with them and believes that the Church is true, but he needs to be taught the lessons before he can be baptized. So that`s looking really up. So excited.

We`re also teaching the youngest daughter of a recently converted family, and  she´s getting baptized next weekend, so that´s awesome!!!!!

Another investigator that we started this week is just totally eating the  gospel up!!!!! Her only desafio( I forgot the english word) is that her husband doesn`t believe that God`s church truly exists.... I hope to change that . :)

And ANOTHER investigator is also getting baptized,  along with her fifteen year old son(Hopefully), next Saturday!!!1

Sooooo much work, but I´m loving it! Hopefully sometime this month, we´ll go and see the Christus statue that´s  towering over the city.

Don´t worry all, I´m being fed really well....like too well. I´m afraid I´m going to get fat. I can see why Allen loved the Bolivian food so much. Plus, we talked to our landlord, and we have running water, somewhat. We can take showers( hot showers!!!!! Love them!!!!), but the toilets still don`t flush too well, so we still use buckets.
But, all is well.

Mom- I´m alive and well. Hope you had an awesome anniversary!

Dad- Hope the powder`s still got you rockin`.  It`s been about 85 degrees here...which is super hot.

Aly- Hope you´re having fun in school! Study hard this week!

Emi- It´s about time!!!!!! i´m glad to hear you´re doing well(except for the physical therapy.... that sucks.). I want to know how peering is going! Good luck with finals as well!

Abuelita y Grandpa- Gracias para sus cartas. Estoy alegro que todo es bien con ustedes. Espero que tengan una semana fantastica!

Grandma Allen- I´m glad life is going well. I´m also glad that your dad is still going strong. He´s such an example!

Well, until next week!

Luv you all!!!

Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment