Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, January 10, 2011

He's in Bolivia!


Hello family!!!!!!!!!(And beloved friends)

It feels like forever since I was able to write to you!!!! I haven´t had a P-day in about 11 days, so that´s probably why.

So, New Years was just another normal day at the CCM. That night, though, was crazy! Sooooo many fireworks. When we got outside the next morning, the air was so thick with smoke that it was literally blocking the sun!

I left the CCM on the 4th last week. I was up at 5:30 that morning and we left at about 6. Our flight didn´t leave Peru until about 10:00 that morning, though. We flew from Lima, Peru to first to Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Man, that airport looks like Number 2 in Salt Lake( Parentals, you´ll understand what that means.). We were there for about 3 hours. Then we left for Cochabamba at about 7pm. We got to Cochabamba at about 8pm. We met out mission president, President Tenorio, who´s from Mexico. He´s awesome. We then ate Bolivian pizza for dinner, which is like ham and corn(weird, huh?). Then we stayed the night at a hotel because there wasn´t enough room at the mission home for us. The next day we spent the morning doing boring stuff like paper work..blah blah blah. Then after an awesome lunch and orientation, we went to a session at the Cochabamba Temple, which is right in front of the mission home. Then, that night, my companion picked me up, and I went to my apartment.

My apartment is on the fifth floor of a building, way way up. We live with two other missionaries, Elders Mendoza and North(Elder North and I have been together since Provo.). I share a room with my comp, Elder Atencia. He´s from Colombia, short, and very good spirited. He´s been in the field for six months. Now, back to my apartment. There´s only one problem with it....since we are at the top floor, that means that the water has to work really hard to make it up to us. That means that we don´t have a lot of water....we collect it in large blue containers and empty two liters. We mainly use it to bathe every day....yeah. Fun stuff.

My area is called Petrolero. It is a poor part of town, but the people are awesome. Very friendly and accepting. There are little tiendas every where that you look. It is on a small mountain(or a really large hill), so we have to walk up really steep hills, a lot. Our investigators are awesome! We have three baptisms scheduled for this Saturday, and two more next week, and more after that. It is soo exciting to see the Lord´s work progressing!

Yes, I am happy and healthy. I have two square meals a day(We don´t really have breakfast), and I´m drinking whatever liquids that our investigators give me, and what ever water I can get.

Mom- I arrived safely. Sorry that I couldn´t write sooner....this was my first chance.

Dad- Hope you´re doing well. I know that you´re loving the snow. Hope the job search is going well.

Aly- No dirt roads yet...just really dirty ones. Yes, I´ve seen donkeys, just yesterday, actually, but not pulling cars. Lots of taxis everywhere.

Emi- Hope you are doing well. YOU NEED TO WRITE ME!!!! I want to know what´s going on.

Well, until next week

Love you all!!!

Christian

P.S.  Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad(This Saturday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment