Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, June 6, 2011

Week of Intercambios ...like crazy!

Hello family and friends!

I hope everyone had a great week! This week was completely exhausting
for me....what a week!

So, we were planning on a baptism this week, but that fell through.
It´s going to happen this weekend for sure! My companion and I are
super stoked for it. We are going to baptize a kid who really, really
wants to be baptized, so we are working hard to make it super special
for him. So, at the beginning of this week my companion and I had one
intercambio(exchange) with our District Leader planned. So, we just
had that in mind. Then on our district meeting on Tuesday, our zone
leaders walk in and announce to us that we were going to have
intercambios with them on Wednesday! Talk about a shock for us! We
were not expecting that. So, I went on my first intercambio with a
zone leader ever! I worked with Elder Guirado in my area. He´s from
Argentina(Mendoza), and man, is he a beastly teacher. We spent most of
the day knocking on doors, and we found some great people. But the
best part of the day was when we went to our best investigator family,
the Familia Arteaga. One thing that my companion and I had failed to
ask was if the mom and dad are married or not. Well, Elder Guirado
asked....and they are! I was sooooo relieved, because they have a
baptismal date for the 18th of this month, and that would have created
a bunch of problems. Also, we taught them the Word of Wisdom, and we
got the mom to stop drinking coffee, their daughter to stop with
drinking tea, and we got the dad to drop(and spit out) coca! It´s been
soo cool. This family is just so receptive to listening and obeying
the commandments, it´s unbelievable.

So, now on my intercambio with my district leader, Elder Claybaugh (1st
gringo LD in 5 years). We were knocking doors early that morning, and
we found this lady named Darlin. She seemed super excited to hear the
Gospel, and invited us back the next morning to teach her husband, who
is in the Bolivian Air Force. Well, Elder Hull went back the next day,
and Darlin answered and said her husband got called out early that
morning on emergency. We asked if we could do anything to help, and
she just broke down crying, saying that she felt so alone because she
was so far from her family and she felt her husband didn´t understand
how she felt. I bore my testimony to her about how we are never truly
alone, and that we have a Heavenly Father who´s always there, and
willing to listen. Then we  gave her a Book of Mormon, and asked her
to read it, and then invited her to church. We then passed on Sunday
to pick her up, and she and her husband were there and ready to go. It
was super cool, and I am so grateful that they went. Then to top it
all off, she told us she prayed to know if the church is true, and she
recieved an answer that it was! So, we´re shooting to baptize her and
her husband on the 25th.

Well, that´s about it for this week.

Dad- Hope you have a good week! Good luck on the job search!

Mom- Thanks for your email! Hope life isn´t too crazy at home.

Aly- I know things are crazy, but you can do it! Good luck on the job
search, and good luck with work!

Emi- Happy summer to you! Work as much as you can to save up!

That´s all for now. Have an amazing week!
--
AEA

Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment