Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Bolivian Independence week!


Why hello friends and family! ¿Imanayakashanki? (That's Quechua for "How are you?" And the correct response is "Jualejia")
 
Alright, so this week wasn't really that exciting, but some cool things did happen this week. On Wednesday we had intercambios with our district leader, so I was with Elder Bond. Since his appendix was removed, he hasn't really been able to go out and work because any time that he did go out and work, he would open his stiches a bit and start oozing nastiness all over the place, so his surgeon said that he didn't want him walking out and about so that he could heal and what not. So, I was in his apartment all day, just chilling with him. And we had a really interesting conversation about how he really got to go on the mission, but he's feeling really down because he can't work. It reminded me how true it is that as missionaries that we serve two missions- Among the people and among the missionaries. It was a super spiritual afternoon, and I learned tons about him. He's the member version of my friend Tyler, so I feel like we're good friends now.  Also on Friday, we had a District activity where we went and worked in the zone leaders' area. And I learned how much people care when things can apply to their families, because so many families are really disfunctional down here. Makes me really appreciate the family I have, and it also makes me want to work harder to help these people have the blessings that I enjoy in my life. For me that's the best part of missionary work(besides seeing people accept the Gospel in their livesa), seeing families become more unified in the Gospel. It's undescribable the joy I feel when that happens.
 
Dad- Hey, you are totally right. I am where the Lord needs me to be. Have a great week!
 
Mom-That's crazy about what that missionary did. That truly takes guts. Glad you spent lots of time with Alyssa.
 
Aly- Hey, thanks for cheering me on....it really does help!
 
Emi- Way to go on your college course! That's way cool. And summer is never long enough. And you'll get fast enough for XC!
 
Scriptures of the week:D&C 88:133, 128:22
 
Hope y'all have an amazing week!
--
AEA

Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment