Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, December 12, 2011

Hello from the new area!

Hey, everyone!

I hope that you all had a great week! To be honest mine was pretty stressful... but don't worry, I'm still happy!

So, I left Tarija on Wednesday, which was one of the saddest days of my mission to date. I left and things were sad...many of us were crying when we left. I will miss that place.

But...I have a new adventure here in Cochabamba! Well, not really Cochabamba, but close enough. I am in a small town called Punata (my area officially is called Punata 1) and it's about an hour away from the city, so it means a very long drive for P-day (if we aren't slowed down like today) and for zone meetings. Imagine Saint George or Brenham in Bolivia, and you'll kinda get the idea. It's a cool little town, but it has a big problem. About every 3 houses there is a place called a chicheria( a place where all they sell is chicha, a fermented corn drink...nasty, huh?), so that makes it almost impossible to knock doors. This is totally different than my last area in Tarija, where I could go knock doors like crazy and not have to worry about that. So, we have to work mainly off of references, which also is something that I'm not used to. But, the ward is good, but it's not very big.

I live in probably one of the nicest houses in the mission. I live in the 4th story of a pad complex (it's way cooler than an apartment). It's pretty awesome because I finally have a kitchen again! And a private place to wash laundry. And a place for all the other elders in the house(including my companion) to play a prank on me to welcome me. Don't worry, it was harmless...they just convinced me that the house was haunted(a true mission rumor), then did stuff to really convince me. It was hilarious, and they asked for forgiveness afterwards. And exercizing my Christlike attributes, I forgave them. It was pretty funny. The other elders I live with are Elder Huber (from my group) and Elder Nieve (the district leader from Argentina).

My companion is Elder Leon from Guayaqui, Ecuador (which according to Elder Huber doesn't exist). He's pretty cool. He's a ex-metal head(he says only for the mission), and loves rock and metal. But, he's had a rough time with his first two companions. His trainer didn't train him at all(he was going home in one transfer), and his second companion didn't want to work. So....the President gave him me and said "Good Luck!"...just kidding. But, we're really excited to work together, because we get along really well. It's gonna be a fun time together.

Dad- Well, It's actually cold here, so it feels like Christmas. But, I'll do another snow dance just for you!

Mom- Well, sounds like you're really busy. Thanks for the pic, you guys look good!

Aly- Well, the interview process sounds like it's not fun. Just put on a good song, and it'll all go well. Luv ya!

Emi- Well, with that solo, looks like you have a lot to live up to. YOU CAN DO IT! ;)

Well, until next week!

Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment