Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, March 19, 2012

Finding a purpose in me... (3-12-2012)



Hello!

I hope that everyone had a good week this week. Things here in Punata are getting busy busy but things are going good this week.

So, my companion and I had a good week this week. We spent a loth of time traveling this week. We have a very big area, and in our mission, we don't have bikes. So, my feet are becoming my most used form of transportation right now. So, for me right now, the blessings of following the Word of Wisdom are real handy right now. It's just like even when we walk 6 kilometers to go try and contact an old investigator, and then walk back without teaching ANYTHING, I still seem to have the energy to keep walking.

On Wednesday, my companion and I were invited to a member's home in a neighborhood called Yacanhuyo(That took me forever to figure out how to pronounce....), and she took us to the home of a friend of hers that has said that he's always wanted to talk to the missionaries, but for some reason, they've never stopped to talk to him.(I'm thinking because of the sign that's over his door that has alcoholic drinks on it.) So, we went and talked to him. His name is Pablo Billarroel, and he's currently unemployed because he worked for about 30 years as a waiter for special events, but now with his age, the companies aren't contracting him anymore so they can hire younger men to do the work. So, he stays at home living off of government funds that he qualifies for....but the money is almost nothing. It's about $40 a month. So, he's really looking for comfort in his life in this time. So, my companion and I have been teaching him, but there's another challenge- Hermano Pablo can't read. So, everything we teach him is coming from us. Myt companion and I are searching really hard to find a way so he can develop his own testimony.

We are also teaching another young man(i wanted to use a spanish word there, joven, which means someone young, which is how they describe people here.) named Jhonaton. He's had the missionaries passing by his house for 15 years, but has recently started really listening to us with intent to try to find out the truth. It's been an interesting journey with him, because with Jhonaton(this is not a misspell, it's Bolivian spelling.), I'm encountering situations that I've never encountered before when teaching the Gospel. But the cool thing is that he's really progressing to try to find out the truth of these things.

As a trainer, I have access to a DVD player and the District DVD's, which are DVDs that were filmed in real teaching situations in missions in the states. And they've really had an impact on me and my companion as I use them to teach him how to teach certain lessons. Plus, it's helping me to really know my purpose out here. I'm really starting to feel how little time that I have left here, and I don't want to waste a moment that could use to really help the Bolivian people. I feel like there's a reawakening in me. I like it... :)

Dad- Wow, that's a pretty big move to resign, but I know it's for the best. You have my prayers and support, even from the middle of the Andies. Have a great week!

Mom- Yes, I feel old now, thank you.That sucks that hula stopped, but there's a reason for everything, right? And while you are going to spring, I'm headed to winter. Love ya!

Aly- Enjoy your spring "break" ! Love ya!

Emi- Sorry you're sick little sis buuuuutttttt...........................HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great week every1!!!!!!

-- 
AEA


Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment