Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, March 5, 2012

I got a greenie!

Hey everyone back in AMERICA!( And Chile...., y Argentina....)!!!!!

I hope that everyone back home had a great week! Mine was a great week here in Punata!

Ok, so this week I started training a brand new missionary, Elder Gòmez. He's from Bogota, Colombia(which is really funny, because my trainer is from Colombia as well.). So, the story as to how he became "Elder Craig's kid":

I got to the trainer's training session on Wednesday, and we went through four hours of training to become trainers. Well, then the President called in the newbies to announce their trainers right in front of everyone( just to make it really nerve racking for everyone). So, I got originally paired with an Elder Castro, from Bolivia. Problem? Yeah, he was from my first ward/area here in Bolivia(which was Petrolero, by the way), which would mean that he would be serving in the same stake that he's from, which isn't generally allowes, at all.(note: Elder Castro's in Cochabamba waitng a visa to go serve in Venezuela, and I met him over a year ago.) So, we talked to President Dyer and explained the situation. So, he switched my companion for another greenie, Elder Gomez, and that's how we got to be our now explosive pair.

Elder Gomez is a great missionary, and he has lots of desires to work. But, he's also a huge movies/ video game fan, which makes him just as big as a dork as I am. So, we spend a lot of time laughing together when I'm not teaching him a principle, or having companionship study. I'm really humbled that I get to train such a cool and awesome missionary. I really want to help him start his mission off well so he can have lots of success and be really happy on his mission.

We've spent a lot of time this past week searching out old investigators and former investigators, to start teaching them again, and we are having lots of success. We especially wanted to contact a couple that we found a teaching record for that for some unknown reason stopped listening to the missionaries. Well, yesterday, we went out in search of them, because we knew the general area that they live in. Well, we found a member on that street who pointed us right out to them. We knocked on their door, and the "wife"(they aren't married yet, but they still act like they are) answered the door and said "Hey Elders! It's about time!". So, we have an appointment with them this week! I'm super excited. Things are looking up here in Punata!

Dad- Soft snow isn't the best....but at least you have snow! I would kill for some. And learning church instrumentals on the guitar helps me keep my skills up thankfully. I feel like things are looking up for you in the big search! Have a great week!

Mom- That's practically my schedule! And with Sara getting married..... that's super weird, but whatever. Plus I send my love and support to Tio Paul and Jen(cuz that's all I can give, lol.) How's the french? We could totally have a french/quechua conversation and not understand each other, hahaha! Have a great week!

Aly- I know that work's super crazy, but that's life right? And with voice lessons, well, I'll have to write a duet for us when I get home! ;) U R G8 2! (That just happened, too!) Luve ya!

Emi- My apologies. Well, track's going to get better, and remember, when running is easier, you are faster! Have an awesome week!

T-t-t-t-t-t-hat's all folks!(Porky Pig imitation.)
--
AEA


Elder Craig


p.s. Pic 1 with Elder Gomez, Pic 2 with Elder Castro.

No comments:

Post a Comment