Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, February 21, 2011

Parasites! Oh my!


Alright, so I hope everyone had a good week! My week was...well, interesting. And I will get to that.

First things first, I don´t know how much news of Bolivia gets to the States, but if you hadn´t heard, things are a little shaky. First thing that happened was that sugar prices are sky high right now, like it´s impossible to find sugar here in Bolivia. You can find all of the sugar substitues you could ever want, though. That´s the weird thing.
They refuse to use that. Second, the government put a tax(they call it a tarifaso here) on taxis and trufis/buses/public transportation, so there were a lot of demonstrations and marches and protests, etc, etc.
I even took a pic of one passing our building. Third, milk prices went up, and a couple of riots went off in the night for that, but the police took care of it quickly. So yeah, things are fun here.

Now with me.....hahaha, um well, Tuesday was the start of a very interesting week. I got up, and let´s just say I was sick to my stomach all morning, so I called the wife of our mission president, and she sent me to go do tests and what not(which took all day), and that night I found out that I have parasites(yup you read correctly), which meant expensive pills that I´m getting reimbursed for and the infamous white diet. That consists of every white food possible(lots of rice, potatoes, and chicken), which means I´m eating the same thing everyday....it sucks. And then on Thursday, I had conejo for the first time(also known as guinea pig). It was weird. They boiled it, and then I started to eat the head(yup, la cabeza) without noticing until I realized that there was a lot of bone on this chunk of meat I was eating, then seeing a little eye staring at me.....kinda freaked me out. But yeah.

This week ended really well though! We ended the week with a baptism for an investigatore that we´ve been teaching for the past six weeks, and other missionaries for the past five months, so it was really cool. My compi baptized her. It was a special day for all. We also got another longterm investigador to committ to a baptism this Saturday, so we´re totally excited. I just hope it doesn´t fall through.

Dad- Have an awesome week! I hope the pow-pow is treating you well.

Mom- Hey! Hope you have an amazing week!

Aly- Thanks for the email. I´m totally jealous that you got to go sledding....just wait until I get back! :)

Emi- Hope all is well. Good luck on your tests this week!

Sophie- Hey little cuz!!!! Hope you had an amazing birthday. Luv ya!!!!

That´s all for this week!

Elder Craig
Cochabamba Street Demonstration

No comments:

Post a Comment