Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Well, this is the week of transfers again!

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a good week this past week! To be honest, this week wasn't good for me here. So, this will be a different letter this week, because the work was practically zero this week.

But, first, to clear something up, the baptisms that happened this week were not ours, they were from the other companionship, but I still did all I could to help out. I was asked to play a guitar piece, which I did( Reference the 1st pic). And on top of that, the President and his wife showed up for the service as well, unannounced, as they usually do. And, the baptism went really well for them. But, the sad part was that yesterday only one of the two baptisms showed up to be confirmed. So, the other missionaries are worried, because if he doesn't go this upcoming Sunday, they will have to repeat the baptism.

I really learned some interesting things this week. I really learned how I don't want to finish the mission. It's awful to have a companion who doesn't want to work at all for the companion who wants to work, because nothing gets done whatsoever, and I do not want to do that for my last companion(in 8 months). Also, I've learned lots and lots of patience, because it's requiered a lot of patience for me this week dealing with my very trunky (homesick) companion, and all of his missionary buddies who've all magically popped in to see their good ol' pal off. And lastly I know now what I need to do to get success here....and that's for me to know, and you all back home to see the results. ;)

Well, transfers are here and I have my results........it's a boy!!! I am one of 25 missionaries that are going to train brand spankin' new missionaries, fresh out of the MTC. I don't know who my "child" is yet, I get to find out on Wednesday. But the exciting thing for me is I finally get to help out more in the mission, something that I've been waiting very patiently to do for a looong time.

I'm sorry that this letter is so short this week. I promise that next week will be full of more of my explosive, exciting adventures here in Bolivia!

Also, the second pic is why Bolivian traffic is so horrible(the street light is showing red and green at the same time, if you can't see it)

Dad- Hey, I know Alaska isn't great, but I think it's the start of an uphill turn for you! And I'm super sorry that the season is coming to an end so soon...but just think, next season, I'll be home to rock it with you! And plus, Hawai'i is an awesome way to finish any season!

Mom-Glad your king cake turned out so well, sounds like it was delicious! My companion did leave today, so I'm technically alone, but I'm with the other two in the house until Wednesday. Yoga sounds nice (Yes readers, I like yoga.), so it'll be fun for you. And with the ID, if you go in consistantly, it takes 3 months to get it, but because of my work, it's taken 1 year and 4 months to get it.

Aly- Yes, 2 Nephi 9 is a great chapter, I just read it the other day. Orientation will be fine, no matter what happens, I promise! And with voice lessons, well, I guess I'll have to write a song so we can sing a duet when I get home. ;)

Emi-It's about time you've written! ;) And yay for track, I guess. And yes, your birthday will be celebrated by me here, with lots of green! :)

Have a good one y'all!

-- 
AEA

Elder Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment