Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Don't use Bolivian Internet!!!! (July 23)


Hey everyone!

I hope y'all had a good week this past week!

So something really really cool happened this week. This week I had leadership training for all of the Zone Leaders, District Leaders and Trainers in Sucre and Potosi. And I had to give a class.....again. This time I was with Elder Salmon (an Elder from Alabama) and we were assigned to talk about working with the local Priesthood leaders. So, Elder Salmon and I felt inspired to talk about working with the leaders through the ward mission plan(a plan that helps the missionary work of the ward move forward through collaboration between the missionaries and the ward). And one cool thing was that when we were teaching the class, President Dyer (the mission president) stood up and said " I hope you all are paying attention here, because this is really important!". So, the conference ended and we went our ways, and then we had District and Zone meetings on Friday, and the Zone leaders told all of us that President Dyer had spoken to the Stake President of Sucre and that the Stake President in turn was going to talk to all of the bishoprics of the wards in Sucre about starting and having an active ward mission plan. So, yesterday we had a meeting with the ward council and started putting together ideas so that we can help the Bishop write a good ward mission plan so that we can truly help this ward grow. This is a huge change for me on how I've worked in my mission, but I have a good feeling about it.

Also we've been doing a lot of street contacts lately. It's honestly kind of nerve racking to just approach people like that, but it's been giving good results. It gives us a bunch of more people that we are talking to, and we are finding more news this way. A good thing about my area is that it's urban, and not commercial, so that people that we contact are the people that usually live around there. We also found a young man named Luis who looks to have a lot of potential as an investigator. We taught him the message of the Restoration and he is super excited to read the Book of Mormon and find out if it's true.

Elder Ruiz is doing really well as a missionary. He learns really quickly, and I am enjoying working with him!

I hope you all have a good week!

Dad- House shopping does not sound fun. At all. But I know it's necessary. Like off-season for skiing and boarding, but what can we do? I hope you have a great week!

Mom- I hope you have a great week!

Aly- Yes, prayers do work! I hope you enjoy your new house!

Emi-Hope you have a great week!!!

Until next week, y'all!
-- 
AEA


Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment