Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, July 16, 2012

Semana loca!!!! (Crazy week in Spanish)


Hello everyone!

Ok, so something funny to start this week's letter with, last night I was saying Good night to my roommates, and I  said "Buenas noches, everybody!"(A bit of Spanglish) and the other Latino in my house(not my kid) who understands a bit of English goes "Everybody, ¿como todo cuerpo( every_body)?" So, Elder Bilanzich and I laughed as we explained the meaning of it in English.

This week was an interesting week for me personally in the mission.  First thing is that having sister missionaries in my district has been an interesting experience for me. They call me a lot so I can help them out with Priesthood things that they can't do themselves, so it's been a cool experience. Like today I get to go and dedicate their new apartment tonight. It's just so new, I can't really wrap my head around it still. But it's all for a reason, to help me learn and grow, just like the rest of the mission. Also, the sister missionaries work super hard. They had a baptism this week, and man did they have an investigator of gold. He got baptized after three weeks, and in his interview, this guy had a huge testimony already of the Restored Gospel. I was also able to attend the baptism, and it was a great experience.

We also did a bunch of service this week! The first service project that we did was dig dig dig. We dug a hole for sewer pipes for a member. It was tough work, because we also laid the pipes(I know, but the member who supervised knew what he was doing, so we did alright!). We also helped our Zone Leaders change houses. It wasn't too hard, but we did have to carry all of their stuff down 7 flights of stairs(for some reason, we as missionaries live in the top of a building, or on the bottom), so that was exhausting. But it was really good to be able to serve both missionaries and members. It helps the unity a bunch to be able to do that.

We have also made good progress with our investigators. We had a great lesson on  Saturday with our investigators Wendy and Noemi Callahuara. We focused on talking about the Book of Mormon, and we were able to back up our teachings with the Bible, which really helped A TON with that lesson, so that at the end Wendy said" Wow, I'm really starting to feel that these things could be true" They are making such good progression, I know that things are going to be fantastic with them.

Dad- The planes are new-ish, I would say 10 or 15 years old, so they're not bad, but not great either. And, powder skiing(and boarding) sounds amazing right now. Awesome that you got interviewed by Ski Utah, kinda ironic huh(the weather and everything). And about the family tradition, I'm not gonna follow it, don't worry,

Mom- Meetings are fun, no? As a leader I got a ton of trainings to do and classes to give(Like tomorrow!), so I kinda feel ya. And I'm ok with $$ Haven't used any of my emergency todavia, so I'm fine. No I wasn't transfered, just traveled apart from my companion. He's doing great, by the way. He's learning a lot and teaching me a ton.

Aly- That blows about your washing machine, just buy a reliable whirlpool, and you're set! Good luck with your SOAR thing with your divided group. Thanks for the pic of your shoes, I guess. But, they do look really good! I need new running shoes.....but I can wait till I get home. Can't trust those Bolivian brands too much.

Emi- Glad you got to go to the Temple. It's my favorite place in the world, no matter which one I'm in. Keep going regularly and you'll feel a difference in your life. Nice Sienfeld reference, and I forgive you!

Until next week!!!!

-- 
AEA


Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment