Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, July 2, 2012

Hey hey hey!


Well hellooooo everyone!

I hope that you all had a great week this past week! It was a pretty good week for us here in Sucre.

So, first thing, this was a week in Quechua for me. Two of the Elders in my district had two baptisms on Saturday, but I needed to interview them before they could go through with the baptism. Well, the wife only speaks Quechua, so I had to do the interview in Quechua. I did as much as I could on my own, but then I had a member who was there to translate for me when I needed the help. But it was a super cool experience for me because I was able to do that. I don't know if it'll ever happen again( I hope it does!!!!), but it was definately once in a lifetime.

Also, my companion and I went knocking doors as missionaries do, and on Friday morning we literally had half of the doors we knocked talk to us in Quechua. So, I ended up speaking what little Quecha that I know to try and get into the house, but unfortunately we didn't get into any of those houses. But I did speak a ton of Quechua this week.

The coolest lesson we had this entire week was yesterday. We returned to a house where we had been knocking doors and the wife had invited us to come back yesterday. So, we went back and the first good thing that happened there was that they were there(because most of the time they just say to come back and aren't there.). Next was that they let us in. But the lesson got super spiritual when the husband admitted to us that we were the first religious preachers that they've allowed into home- EVER. And they explained why. The husband of the family told us that his current wife is actually his second wife and that he had gotten a divorce. But then he read in the Bible that that was a sin, and started asking all of the preachers, priests, and whoever about it. And everyone told him that he was going to hell and was living in a horrible horrible sin. So, it was actually pretty incredible that they let us in. So, we were able to teach him about the atonement of Christ and that he wasn't condemned. It was such a good lesson that I almost cried.

Dad- That blows that they rejected your offer. There's a house out there for you! Don't give up hope. And way to go boosting your numbers!

Mom- Sounds like a good time with D'Ann! And well, I can't send pictures cuz memory readers suck. Have a great week!

Aly- Time off! Whoot! Have a great day off this week!

Emi- Way to go! Did you kill anyone? Jk, I know you did great. And now you'll wait just like the rest of us did. ;)

-- 
AEA


Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment