Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Friday, July 13, 2012

Wadda week! (July 9)


Hey everyone!

Man, let me tell y'all- wadda week! This has to be one of those "Only on the mission" weeks.

So, this time I'm gonna give y'all one of my day-by-day synopsis, just so you can understand how wacky this week was.

Soooo, last monday I told you guys that I would be training again. Normally in the mission that means(if you're outside of Cochabamba) that you fly out on Tuesday to go to Trainers' training on Wednesday. But, the secretary in the offices who is in charge of buying us the plane tickets totally forgot to buy us tickets. That meant that they sent us in bus to Cochabamba. That is an eight and a half hour trip. We got to the terminal Monday night so that we could overnight the trip. The bus just happened to be one of the crappiest buses that I've ever seen in my life. I had a window seat, and first thing is that the window didn't open very well, and the bus vibrated so much that it SHUT THE WINDOW with it's vibrations. Plus there were no bathrooms on the bus, and to top it all off, we got to Cochabamba at 4am, where we had to wait another hour for the secretaries to come pick us up because they didn't tell us where we would be spending the night. So, that was how my week started.

I have a new trainee( my second)!!!! His name is Elder Ruiz, and he's from Trujillo, Peru. He's a fun kid with a lot of energy to work, and let me tell you, I am making him WORK! But this week we didn't do a ton of work because I got sent back to Sucre on Friday, and he went on Thursday. I had stayed in Cochabamba because I have to start renewing my visa so I can GO HOME in four months(I'm not trunky(homesick), don't worry), buuuut, they didn't have the colque(money in quechua) to pay for the stuff, so I lost the entire day Thursday for no reason.

So, back to Elder Ruiz, I am sooo excited to work with him, because he has this amazingly huge desire to work with the members and to win referalls and all that jazz, so I know that we are going to have lots of success together. Things in the area are looking good too. Yesterday, we had two of our investigators come to church by themselves! That is an amazing thing if investigators come by themselves because that shows that they really want to know if these things are true, which is amazing progression. Oh, also there are now sister missionaries in my district, which is a first for me. I've never had sister missionaries in any of my districts before, so this will be exciting! And looking at the numbers that they gave me last night, they might be leading the district, hahaha!

I hope you all have an amazing week, and I look forward to reading your emails next week!

Oh, and here are some pics of the Temple, me, and a family I visited with my friend Elder Thorne(from Logan, Utah)

Dad-Sounds like Bear Lake was fun! I hope you have a great week! Kick butt with those numbers!

Mom-I don't think my mission president's wife knows that you speak Castellano, but that's ok, she needs to learn. And the picture of me making a face with another Elder is me and my new kid. Just fyi!

Aly- Sounds like an amazing week! Now I'll be singing Kansas all week. Love that song! That sucks about crappy neighbors...so next time, just blast Mo-Tab, and they'll be gone in a flash! Have a great week!

Emi- Hey you got the same score I did! And, does Miss Murray have an email???? Hahaha, just kidding(sort of)! So, you wanna know Quechua, huh? Here's something useful: " Ari, Tatay!"(Yes dad!) and "Ari, Mamay!"(Yes mom!). That'll be a good start for you! Have a good week!

Until next week!

-- 
AEA

Elder Craig


What is it with Christian making faces in all the pictures????

And he has the other elder and the people doing it too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment