Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, September 10, 2012

A week for learning


Hey family!
 
 
I hope that everyone had a great week!
 
This past week wasn't the greatest week for me as far as the work goes, but it was a great week for learning, which I think is much more important.
 
Well, the weather is changing more often than a teenager's mood here. It gets really hot, then at night it's chilly, then there's today where the weather is overcast and looking like it's wanting to rain. Winter here was a HUGE disappointment here personally, so it'll be nice to have a real winter this year....even if it means shoveling snow.
 
My companion and I really took the time to reevaluate how we were working and looking on how to improve(Thank you weekly planning and companionship inventory!), because this week started off really roughly for us. But after we took the time to set new goals, we really changed the manner in which we were doing things, and I really think that we will see some great results this week. Something I've really learned about the mission is that it's more for us as missionaries to grow than anything else. That's something that's made a huge impact on my mission. I try to see what kind of lesson I should be learning in a certain challenge in my mission, and I try to learn it so that I don't have to go through something harder later on. I know that's a huge reason that we're here in the mission- to become our best selves. But for me to even reach this point in my personal development, I've been through a lot, and made many sacrifices, but it's all been totally worth it.
 
So, about my investigators. I have an investigator named Gabriel who is THE BOMB! For the past two weeks in a row, he's come to church on his own. Yesterday he went to Sunday school and he absolutely loved it. He is one of the first "golden" investigators that I've had in a while, so we're working really hard to help him gain that testimony so he can get baptized on the 22nd of this month. He's accepting and living the teachings really well, so I am super excited for him.
 
Also, our convert, Alina(she got baptized a few weeks ago), is already an amazing member missionary. We went two weeks ago and taught her about missionary work, and she immediately took it to heart. We gave her 9 pamphlets on the Restoration, and she gave them all out to her friends, and they all now want copies of the Book of Mormon and want the missionaries to visit them! She is being such a great example to all of the ward, and to me as well. I wish that all members had that same energy and excitement to share the Gospel.
 
Well, that's it for now!
 
Dad- Yeah, this final stretch sucks, but I'm gonna work until the last day. House things sound....fun..... Have fun in Dallas(eat some Whataburger!) and be safe!
 
Mom- I'm not that jealous. Disneyworld is SOOO much better, but I know you'll enjoy it, so have fun. Thanks for the pics!
 
Aly- You're the best big sister ever! Thanks for your help!
 
Emi- I said the guys at your school have crappy hair, not you. Way to go on bearing your testimony! I'm really proud of you!
 
That's all for now!
--
AEA


Elder Craig



No comments:

Post a Comment