Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jisk'un!!!!! Kan Septembreri!!!!


Hey everyone!

I hope that everyone had an amazing week!!

This week was a better week for me and my companion as far as the work goes. We got a bunch of work done, and we even found some really cool investigators this week.

So, first cool thing is about our service project this week. I made speed bumps. Yup, you all read correctly, speed bumps. The reason is that the family that we live with just started building apartments for us in their back yard, which means that they have to dig a foundation, which means that there's a lot of dirt left over. So, the father of the family asked us for help, and 8 of us spent the entire morning on Saturday digging from a giant dirt pile into wheelbarrows and going and dumping them into huge long piles in the middle of the road(I know, you're wondering "Is that even legal?" I have no idea, but we did it anyways.) It actually takes a long time to do it. We ended up making 5 roadbumps in an about 150 yard area, which is a lot if you ask me. It was fun though, because we were able to include other elders from the zone in the project. And as of this morning the speed bumps still exist, they've just been compressed by cars and trucks going over the top.

My companion and I have done some great work this week. This week we were walking, proseliting like we do, and we found a couple trying to start their car by pushing it down a hill....and they were still a ways from the hill. So, we took advantage to help them push the car down the hill, then we contacted the wife. We had a good conversation, but we weren't able to take out an appointment. But, a few days later we were able to talk with her husband through a member who's friends with them. We were able to teach him and get permission from him to teach his family(he's headed out to Cochabamba to work, and won't be back for a few weeks.), so we're really excited to go and teach the rest of his family.

We also had a great lesson last night with the Callahuara sisters. We went over to teach them and they had invited a friend over and she just began to ask us all of these good questions, like " So, how do I join your church?"(I especially liked that one!) and we were able to teach them all about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how its something not only to join His church, but to influence our way of life. It was a great lesson for us to teach them, and their friend is SUPER excited to continue to hear about the Restored Gospel.

We also had a movie night this week at my ward building, and they showed "The RM". To be honest, that made me a bit trunky, but it was fun to watch at this stage in my mission.....I just don't want the same things to happen to me when I get home, hahaha!

I hope you all have an amazing week! Thanks for all of your letters and support!

Dad- Well, tell Brother Witbeck that I say hi back. And I wanna see those skis! Have a fun Labor day, and a great week!

Mom-Thanks for the house pics! It's a really gorgeous backyard and deck.And I cannot wait to shovel snow(sarcasm.....)! Have a great week!

Aly-PT, huh? Well, maybe you could work for USU basketball, and get your brother free tickets.....jk! I know things are going to be stressful, but it'll all be worth it! Have a great week!

Emmmmmiiiii- I'm sorry that you're stuck with bad hair-do's and such, but I'm glad you survived your first week of your SENIOR year. By the way, your new calling sounds awesome. Enjoy every chance to serve. You'll grow so much. Have a great week!


'Til next week!
-- 
AEA


Elder Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment