Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Week 3 ...not in order


Hello my wonderful family!!!!!!!!!

Well, tommorow marks week 3! Wow, that's absolutely crazy! I can't believe it's already been that long......

Ok, well, first thing. If you've been waiting for news about my visa, here it is- I don't have it yet, so I'm here officially until December 13th, when the Travel Office says that I'll recieve my visa. Actually they say that I should recieve my visa before that time. If all goes to plan, I'll be spending Christmas in Peru! That'll be exciting. So....all of you still have 3(THREE) weeks to send me more letters, and packages too. So that's that.

I can't believe that it's already been a week since my last letter....what can I tell you about? The food is the same(horrific eggs and killer OJ), my district is as awesome as ever, and I got to do sealings in the Temple!!!!! That was pretty sweet.

Mom- I'll answer your questions the best that I can.

I get up at six-fifteen every morning, and shower and all of that stuff. Then we have personal study time in our class room. Then we have breakfast, which for me is usually a bowl of cereal and an apple. Then, depending on the day, we usually have gym, but on Thursdays, we do service...which means the Church saves money on custodial staff and all of the Missionaries take care of the MTC. lol Then I have a morning class until twelve thirty. Then I have lunch. Then more class until five thirty. Then dinner. Then more class until nine o'clock, at which point we plan for the next day. After we take the time to plan, we head back to our rooms, where we get ready for bed, write in journals, relax, etc.Then  we have quiet time at 10:15, and lights out at10:30. Now, the classes are a mix of language and doctrinal classes, both of which are taught 99% of the time in Spanish. Also the class periods can be stretches of time that are called Missionary Directive Time(MDT). This sounds like free time, but it isn't. We have personal, companion, and language study that we have to fit into those times, which a lot of times is tough. So, my day is pretty full all day long, but I expect it to be like that in the field. Plus, the Lord blesses me with the energy to get through the day. We also have two firesides/devotionals a week. Last Tuesday was a member of the 70, Elder Kevin W. Pearson, who gave a very good talk. I wish you could have been there to hear it.


Thank you to everyone for your letters!!!!!!! I love getting them and reading them.

Alyssa- I'm so bummed that the Aggies lost, but there's always next year, right? And I love to hear anything you have to say about your life, just fyi.

Emi- I hope your first two days at Murray High were awesome! I want a letter stat telling me all about your new experiences!

Abuelita and Grandpa- Thank you for your letters! I enjoy reading them!

Tio Paul- Thank you for sending me Allen's letter, I hope this one finds him as well.

Dad- I hope you are LOVING the snow. I was sooooo happy to wake up on Thursday with that skiff of snow on the ground. I don't have much time to enjoy it, so I am. I hope to get a letter from you soon.

Mom- Thanks for your letters that you send!!! I love hearing from you!!!! Keep them coming. I'm glad the move went well.
 
I love you all, and write me as often as you can!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Elder Christian Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment