Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Week 6 -- Leaving the MTC!

Wow! I can't believe another week has already flown by....It's crazy how time flies here at the MTC. But, it's been a good week as usual.

Ok, so  the news that ya'll have been waiting for.... I got my visa!!!! I'm flying out to Peru today! I leave from the Salt Lake airport at about 3 pm, and I arrive in Lima at 7 in the morning tomorrow....so I'm looking forward to a looooonnnngggg day. I'm also in charge of the travel group. I'm in charge of making sure 11 Elders and Sisters make it to Peru...freaky.  jajaja!

So, last week, we had a member of the 70 come speak to us, Elder W. Craig Zwick. What was really cool about him is that he served in the Northern Argentina Mission, and he served in what's now my mission!!! I got to talk to him afterwards, and he gave me his email so that I can tell him about my mission in Bolivia! I think that's pretty awesome.

Ok,  the rest of the week was just the usual sit in a classroom for 15 hours a day, for the most part. We had an awesome Sunday Devotional the other night. We had the BYU men's chorus come and sing to us,  which I thought was pretty cool. They did an awesome job. The fact that they're from BYU was disappointing, but oh well. jajajaja!

I also had the awesome opportunity to work in the Referral Center this past week.  The Referral Center is the place where the missionaries contact people after the people order things like a Book of Mormon from a pass-along card. It was really cool, and I didn't get hung up on!!! :D

So, that was my last week in the US!!!!!!!!! My next letter is probably going to be sometime next week, but I don't know when it'll be. So stay on your toes. And it'll be from Peru! :)

Mom- Don't worry, I'll probably call you from LAX. I have about a four hour layover there. It'll probably be around 5 or 6, and I'll call your cell phone, so turn your ringer on.

Dad- Hope the snow's treating you well. There's no snow left here, which is a bummer. I love you, and hope all is well.

Aly- Thanks for the present and letter!!!! That letter is pretty sweet! :)  I'm glad you hand-wrote me....but you'll have to email now. Love you!

Emi- Hey, hope school is going well. Don't forget to study and have fun!!!(And beat up any boy who flirts with you! :) )

Well, see you all in the US in less than two years!!!!
 
Elder Christian Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment