Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, August 27, 2012

I survived the week!


Hey everyone back home!

So this week was a good week for me here in the land of cholitas. My companion and I tried to implement working with members this week, and it brought somewhat results. It's always a little rough at first, but we got some good results this week. One good thing is that we have a new young ward mission leader(the other one went to his mission in Venezuela) and he's always ready to go work with us. That's because he's finishing his mission papers to go on the mission himself, so he's not studying, and just working at his dad's woodshop, so he's getting really bored(I know how he feels....it was a bit like that for me before the mission), so he's always wanting to go out on splits with any of the four of us in the ward.

So, the other elders in the ward had a baptism this weekend, and like always, there's no such thing as an easy baptism! So, my companion and I went to go help the other companionship clean up the ward building before the baptism(which, by the way was a pig stye(?) ) and things were going pretty well. We got the chappel sparkling clean(thanks mom and dad for teaching me how!) and waited for the kid to get there. And waited, and waited. So, the other elders called the house and the mom answered(oh and she got baptized about two months ago) and said that it was too cold outside(oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, Winter showed up again and it's been here for a few days now! Yay!) so they wanted to wait on the baptism. But the other two elders went with our cook to go get them, and they came! So, the baptism went really well, and everything turned out alright.

My companion and I also exercized our gardening skills this week doing service for a member in our ward. We spent a couple of hours cutting down trees, trimming grape vines, and just getting dirty! It was fun. We also built a wooden frame for the grape and tumbo plants to grow onto. So, I have successfully constructed something! And it's still standing!

We also have a great investigator named Ariel. he's a great kid who's part of a part-member family. He's reading the Book of Mormon on his own, and he really wants to be baptized, but we still need to talk to his parents so that we can have the green light for the baptismal date in a few weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!

Well, not much else happened this week, but this week will be a great week, so it'll be a longer letter next week, I promise!

Dad- I'll keep my fingers crossed ...for the house, not the bunk bed. And I remember when I saw Matthew in the MTC....two years ago! You better show me your new skis!

Mom-House sounds pretty awesome!  Have a happy last week of August!

Aly- Sounds like work is a blast.....but don't worry, things will slow down now that school's started! Have a great week!

Emi- Hey, have a good first week at school! I know that things are rough right now, but it'll all turn out alright. Remember your big brother in Bolivia loves you!

Have a great week! These pics are to show how much of a dork I am! ;)

-- 
AEA


Elder Craig



No comments:

Post a Comment