Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Sunday, October 21, 2012

I spoke a word of German!!! 10-15-12


Hello everyone!
I hope that you all had a great week! This was an exhausting, but satisfying week of work for me. This week my companion and I were able to realize a lot of work. This week we were able to not only find new investigators, but to continue teaching them.
So, a quick story from the week. My companion and I went and were able to teach a señora named Nancy. We were getting to know her, and we asked about her religious background. She said "Well, to be honest I'm catholic, but the thing is that I just feel that the religion is really hollow.... So, I haven't gone to church in ages." I can totally tell that this hermana needs the Restored Gospel in her life. She wants to mostly help her kids be ready to be good people in society and good parents one day, which I think is what all parents want, and I know that the Gospel can help her achieve all of her goals.
We also had a great lesson with our investigator Fernando. He's definately looking for happiness in his life, and has been down all the wrong roads. We were able to explain to him about how the Atonement of Christ and His Gospel are the few things in this life that make us truly happy in life. That was an amazing lesson, because I could see in his eyes that he was really feeling the Spirit as he listened to us.
We also had a baptism this week(finally!)! Our investigator Gabriel Coria was baptized. And to tell you the truth, he's looking to be one of the best converts that I've had. So, the baptism went along without too many complications(there are always complications- no such thing as an easy baptism), and the end of the baptism came, and Gabriel went to the front to share his testimony. And it was one of the most powerful testimonies that I've heard from the mouth of a recent convert. It really was a very moving testimony. We also had our investigator Samanta Callahuara present at the baptism, and she had a totally spiritual experience during the service. She told us afterwards "Man, I wish that my baptism had been this week, I just feel so good right now." So, the good thing is that she has a baptismal date for this upcoming weekend, and she is totally ready.
We also had the chance to help out a member in a special way this week. We found out that a member in our ward had fallen out of a micro and hurt her back, so we went and visited her in the hospital. We were able to give her a blessing, and it was a super spiritual moment for me. Definately motivates me to be a doctor someday.
Ok, so my German story of the week. My companion and I were headed home after picking up baptismal clothes, and there was a white older looking couple asking people for directions in horendous(?) spanish. So, my companion and I went over and asked them if they needed help. So, talking to them in spanish, we found out where they were from- Frankfurt, Germany. So, me being clever, I go "Spriechen se english?" And their eyes just lit up, and they said "JA!". So, I was able to explain to them where they needed to go in english. That's all.
Dad- Sounds like we have awesome neighbors! I'm also glad that you found us cool bunk beds! Have a great week!
Mom- Glad the house is coming along well. I already told you about "The Bomb" pill I get to take when I'm headed home. Have a great week!
Aly- No flight info yet, but I will let you all know when I know. That's all! ;)
Emi- Glad you gotta see old friends...let's hope the same happens in a few weeks.
I hope you all have a great week!
--
AEA


Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment