Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, October 22, 2012

What a crrrazy week!


Hello everyone!

I hope that you had a good week this past week. This past week was a crrrazy week for me, but it was a very satisfying week as far as the work here goes.  I had my last zone conference the is past week, and I gave my last testimony. You should have seen me- I'm a super emotional guy, hahaha. I also had my last in-field interview with President Dyer, which was super weird, but now I am super excited for my exit interview with him...I just know it's going to be awesome.
 
So, my companion and I had some very good lessons this past week. One particular lesson was with an investigator we have whose name is Nancy. She is a school teacher who is super worried about giving the best example that she can to her husband and children. We taught her the other night the message on the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we were able to apply it to her to help her and her family, which was really cool for me to be able to help her apply the Gospel to her life. She just has the same worries that any mother/wife has, and the Gospel totally applies to her life, like it does for every person.

Last night I was also able to teach a less active family the importance of making the decision to become active in the Gospel. I felt that that was a more important direction to take instead of the typical “So, you need to come back to church because it’s the right thing to do” because they know that it’s the right thing to do, and we can’t force anyone to make the choices for themselves, so I focused in the fact to invite them to make the choice for themselves when they felt the timing to be appropriate.

Saturday just happened to be one of the craziest days that I’ve had on my mission. We started the day with 2 service projects! Yeah, that’s right, two. We helped a member clean a LOT of trash up in her backyard, and then we went and helped another member to build his house. We lifted concrete beams called viguetas up and placed them to make a ceiling in the house. While I was lifting one up, a wooden pole that was holding up some drying concrete fell and landed on my head. That hurt a lot, but I’m ok! Then we left the service and went and participated in a zone activity of preaching in a park. We were in the Parque Bolivar, and for me, it was a very cool experience. I was able to talk and tough the hearts of a lot of people. I really felt the Spirit as my companion and I taught in the park that day. Then we finished the day with a very amazing baptism of our investigator Samanta Callahuara. She’s been listening to the missionaries for a few months now with her older sisters, and she has progressed a lot better than her sisters have, and she asked us about baptism. It was a very good service, and I had the privilege to baptize her.

So, I am looking forward to the chance I still have to work. I hope you have a great week!
 
Dad- I AM SO EXCITED FOR SNOW! That's something to look forward too....the ski season......I hope you have a great week!
 
Mom- I have to give a missionary report???? Well, I guess that's what RM's do.......but that's not for another MONTH, so I'm not even worried. Tell everyone when I get to the SLC so that they're all there.....at 11pm....hahaha, Have a great week!
 
Aly- Don't stress big sis! And just fyi, I will buy a car for school. But it'll all work out just right! I hope you have a great week!
 
Emi- Sounds like a fun week. Oh, and please quit counting the days. I'm not doing it, and I would appreciate that you didn't. Have an amazing week!
 
Until the next one!!!!
--
AEA


Elder Craig




No comments:

Post a Comment