Serving in the Cochabamba Bolivia Mission
November 3, 2010-November, 2012

Monday, October 1, 2012

Wacky week!


Hello everybody!
 
So, this was an interesting week that was full of mystery, suspense, and missionary work.
 
So, as always, being in the area of the airport around transfer time is always a little stressful, because that means that I always end up having to have an exchange with some elders. This was the truth about this past week. The country was a little "protest happy" this week and decided to block the way for people to go and come from the city of Potosi. I had the priviledge of working with an Elder coming in from my old area in Tarija, Elder Patrick. He's a great missionary who actually studied at the Naval Academy before the mission. It was good to know how the ward was progressing in the past year since I left. I am happy to report that the ward actually split since I left!
 
So, my new(and last) companion is Elder Tuesta from Piura, Peru. He's got 5 months in the mission, so it's actually kind of funny to tell people how much time that we have in the mission. But one good thing is that he is already a boss teacher and missionary. Way better than I was at that time in my mission. We are looking like to have a bunch of success this next month of the mission. Gabriel looks like he's going to be baptized the 13th of this month in something called a "Noche blanca"(White night) in the which the entire zone has their baptisms together at the stake center.
 
We also are having a lot of progression with the Callahuara sisters. We got them to committ to new baptismal dates for the 20th of this month, and things are especially looking up for the youngest, Samanta. She's been coming to church consistently and is loving it! They have plans for this weekend to come to as many of the sessions of General Conference that they can. I am super excited to see what this month has in store for them.
 
Dad- Bunk beds sound.....fun..... I can't wait for winter, either. It's one of the few things I'm looking forward to.
 
Mom- Have fun with the Chili Affair this week! I think I'll report to Murray too. I'd really prefer that.
 
Aly- You have TONS going on. Don't worry- Weber was NEVER an option. Have a good week!
 
Emi- And I don't get pics???? College apps, huh? It's a super exciting time, enjoy it!
 
Alright, have a great! week! 

--
AEA


Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment